(#88) Got Breast Implants? WHY I’m REMOVING Mine & How They’ve Been Negatively Affecting My Mindset and Health
Good morning healthy babes! Today’s episode is going to be just a little bit different. I’m going through something right now. It’s having a huge negative affect on my health and my mindset. I can feel it draining all of my energies and really distracting from my business, so I have to talk about it.
Today’s shift is about breast implant illness. I want to talk about it because I’m starting to connect my story with other women who are going through the same thing. It’s all over Insta and Facebook, and there are so many women out there experiencing these symptoms - some without even realizing it!
The symptoms of breast implant illness can manifest like adrenal fatigue or autoimmune disorders but are actually a sign of something more severe. I was one of those women who spent months denying the possibility that my breast implants could be poisoning me.
But this episode is not meant to scare you! I’m here talking about my experience today to remind all of you that you’re not alone. Many of our personal experiences are sometimes actually collective experiences. Whether you were bullied in high school, are struggling with self-esteem issues, or maybe even you have implants too - We. Are. Not. Alone! (add clap emojis instead of periods?)
Even if no one in your direct social circle can relate to you, there is someone out there that’s going through the exact same thing. That’s what today’s episode is all about. It’s not here to scare you. I don’t believe in fear mongering. But I do believe in supporting one another, and I’m here to share my personal experience with breast implant illness in hopes of helping other babes going through the same exact thing.
In This Episode You Will Learn
- What it means to have tuberous breasts (8:00)
- When my symptoms got a little weird (19:25)
- Why some of us call our implants “ticking time bombs” (37:23)
- How I finally made the explant decision (41:12)
- Why I did more of my own research (50:50)
Some Questions We Discuss
- Why is it hard to love your body sometimes? (10:50)
- What do the symptoms of breast implant illness look like? (20:48)
- What social media resources helped make my explant decision? (43:05)
- What different kind of explant surgeries are there? (51:00)
Links & Resources
- Tuberous breasts
- Breast Implant Illness and Healing with Nicole
- Follow me on the Instagram!
- Learn more about me!
- Join The Manifestation Babes Facebook Group!